‘When women film: the documentary in the Iberian Peninsula and the Latin American continent’
Open call for the international colloquium that will take place from 2nd to 5th of October
The international colloquium will take place at the University of Grenoble-Alpes (2nd-3rd October) and at the University of Lyon 2 (4th-5th October). ‘When women film: the documentary in the Iberian Peninsula and the Latin American continent’ will also have the participation of the Professor of Communication Sciences and Advertising, Margarita Ledo Andión.
This international and interuniversity colloquium will have as its aim the study of documentary production made by women from the countries of the Iberian Peninsula or the Latin American continent. Its objective is to rethink, in a transdisciplinary perspective, the epistemological frameworks of the documentary image analysis. The colloquium will explore the different ways in which documentaries, which are assigned to the double marginality of documentary and the condition of women, have served as intelligibility operations of the world.
- History and politics: women documentary as a position taken in a certain political context, including the point of view of colonial and post-colonial effects.
- Documenting the bodies: behind or in front of the camera, the documentary as a tool of study, interrogation, vindication.
- Cinema aesthetics: starting from the observed marginalization, the formal inventiveness of women documentaries in the history of documentary film.
- Thinking and writing cinema: a return to the writings of Spanish or Portuguese speaking women, from yesterday and today.
- Documentary films, arts and performance: personal experience and formal experimentations.
- The archival question: current state, cultural policies, strategic challenges.
- Intersectionality and LGBTI + issues: historicity and new theoretical and practical perspectives.
The colloquium is part of the GAPP (“Genre et Arts dans une perspective Poet (h) ique et Politique”) project, co-organized by Idoli Castro (Lyon 2) and Sonia Kerfa (UGA). The call will be open until April 30th at the following link, sending a 300 words abstract along with a 100 words bio.
Cartabón bookshop will host the presentation of GEA’s last publication on 10th of July The Audiovisual Studies Research Group will present in Vigo its last publication, A foresta e as árbores. Para unha historia do cinema en lingua galega (2). The event will take place on next Wednesday 10th of July at 20:30h in the […]
The call is open until 15th of October The Centro Galego de Arte Contemporánea has announced the second edition of the CGAC Prize of Research and Essay on Contemporary Art, created last year in order to promote the production of though in this field in Galician language. The artist Rosendo Cid, with A arte está […]
A documentary of Science Communication students reclaims the relevance of the local for vanguard music in the 80’s The Clangor Disco was a local of reference in Spain during the 80’s due to its modernity and aesthetics, as well as its bet for the vanguard music with the coolest bands of the momento. This year, […]