‘When women film: the documentary in the Iberian Peninsula and the Latin American continent’
Open call for the international colloquium that will take place from 2nd to 5th of October
The international colloquium will take place at the University of Grenoble-Alpes (2nd-3rd October) and at the University of Lyon 2 (4th-5th October). ‘When women film: the documentary in the Iberian Peninsula and the Latin American continent’ will also have the participation of the Professor of Communication Sciences and Advertising, Margarita Ledo Andión.
This international and interuniversity colloquium will have as its aim the study of documentary production made by women from the countries of the Iberian Peninsula or the Latin American continent. Its objective is to rethink, in a transdisciplinary perspective, the epistemological frameworks of the documentary image analysis. The colloquium will explore the different ways in which documentaries, which are assigned to the double marginality of documentary and the condition of women, have served as intelligibility operations of the world.
- History and politics: women documentary as a position taken in a certain political context, including the point of view of colonial and post-colonial effects.
- Documenting the bodies: behind or in front of the camera, the documentary as a tool of study, interrogation, vindication.
- Cinema aesthetics: starting from the observed marginalization, the formal inventiveness of women documentaries in the history of documentary film.
- Thinking and writing cinema: a return to the writings of Spanish or Portuguese speaking women, from yesterday and today.
- Documentary films, arts and performance: personal experience and formal experimentations.
- The archival question: current state, cultural policies, strategic challenges.
- Intersectionality and LGBTI + issues: historicity and new theoretical and practical perspectives.
The colloquium is part of the GAPP (“Genre et Arts dans une perspective Poet (h) ique et Politique”) project, co-organized by Idoli Castro (Lyon 2) and Sonia Kerfa (UGA). The call will be open until April 30th at the following link, sending a 300 words abstract along with a 100 words bio.
On the occasion of its 25th years old, the Galician Association of Independent Film Production Companies (AGAPI) changes its webpage with a new design and functions, seeking to improve the offered output. In this way, the webpage will try to adapt to current needs of the market and become a useful tool at service of […]
The Commission of Linguistic Normalisation of the Faculty of Communication Sciences of the USC calls for the eighth edition of the prize Somos a curta!, that rewards the best audiovisual short in Galcian language of cinema of the real presented by any member(s) of the student body of the three Galician universities, of the official […]
The audiovisual sector is going through complicated times, as the report “O cine en Galicia” concludes, registering a lost of viewers and incomes in traditional cinema. Last year, following state tendency, Galiza lost more than 100.000 spectators, what means a descent of one tenth in the medium attendance, now of 1,4 film per habitant. The […]