‘When women film: the documentary in the Iberian Peninsula and the Latin American continent’
Open call for the international colloquium that will take place from 2nd to 5th of October
The international colloquium will take place at the University of Grenoble-Alpes (2nd-3rd October) and at the University of Lyon 2 (4th-5th October). ‘When women film: the documentary in the Iberian Peninsula and the Latin American continent’ will also have the participation of the Professor of Communication Sciences and Advertising, Margarita Ledo Andión.
This international and interuniversity colloquium will have as its aim the study of documentary production made by women from the countries of the Iberian Peninsula or the Latin American continent. Its objective is to rethink, in a transdisciplinary perspective, the epistemological frameworks of the documentary image analysis. The colloquium will explore the different ways in which documentaries, which are assigned to the double marginality of documentary and the condition of women, have served as intelligibility operations of the world.
- History and politics: women documentary as a position taken in a certain political context, including the point of view of colonial and post-colonial effects.
- Documenting the bodies: behind or in front of the camera, the documentary as a tool of study, interrogation, vindication.
- Cinema aesthetics: starting from the observed marginalization, the formal inventiveness of women documentaries in the history of documentary film.
- Thinking and writing cinema: a return to the writings of Spanish or Portuguese speaking women, from yesterday and today.
- Documentary films, arts and performance: personal experience and formal experimentations.
- The archival question: current state, cultural policies, strategic challenges.
- Intersectionality and LGBTI + issues: historicity and new theoretical and practical perspectives.
The colloquium is part of the GAPP (“Genre et Arts dans une perspective Poet (h) ique et Politique”) project, co-organized by Idoli Castro (Lyon 2) and Sonia Kerfa (UGA). The call will be open until April 30th at the following link, sending a 300 words abstract along with a 100 words bio.
The Grupo de Estudos Audiovisuais (Audiovisual Studies Research Group) of the USC is in charge of organizing the 12th edition of the Small Cinemas International Conference, an annual itinerant meeting that brings together researchers from all over the world who are leaders in the study of so-called small cinemas, cinematographies of countries and cultures with […]
The Institute of Cinematography and Audiovisual Arts (ICAA) recognizes Margarita Ledo Andión‘s latest film as “Especially recommended for the promotion of gender equality.” The entity, dependent on the Ministry of Culture and Sports, grants this distinction to films that promote the elimination of prejudices, stereotyped images, and roles based on sex, favor the use of […]
Este mércores 28 de outubro a catedrática de Comunicación Audiovisual e Publicidade e coordinadora do Grupo de Estudos Audiovisuais na USC, Margarita Ledo Andión, recibiu en València a homenaxe a toda unha vida de investigación en comunicación, outorgada pola Asociación Española de Investigación da Comunicación no VII Congreso Internacional da AE-IC. O acto celebrouse no […]