‘When women film: the documentary in the Iberian Peninsula and the Latin American continent’
Open call for the international colloquium that will take place from 2nd to 5th of October
The international colloquium will take place at the University of Grenoble-Alpes (2nd-3rd October) and at the University of Lyon 2 (4th-5th October). ‘When women film: the documentary in the Iberian Peninsula and the Latin American continent’ will also have the participation of the Professor of Communication Sciences and Advertising, Margarita Ledo Andión.
This international and interuniversity colloquium will have as its aim the study of documentary production made by women from the countries of the Iberian Peninsula or the Latin American continent. Its objective is to rethink, in a transdisciplinary perspective, the epistemological frameworks of the documentary image analysis. The colloquium will explore the different ways in which documentaries, which are assigned to the double marginality of documentary and the condition of women, have served as intelligibility operations of the world.
- History and politics: women documentary as a position taken in a certain political context, including the point of view of colonial and post-colonial effects.
- Documenting the bodies: behind or in front of the camera, the documentary as a tool of study, interrogation, vindication.
- Cinema aesthetics: starting from the observed marginalization, the formal inventiveness of women documentaries in the history of documentary film.
- Thinking and writing cinema: a return to the writings of Spanish or Portuguese speaking women, from yesterday and today.
- Documentary films, arts and performance: personal experience and formal experimentations.
- The archival question: current state, cultural policies, strategic challenges.
- Intersectionality and LGBTI + issues: historicity and new theoretical and practical perspectives.
The colloquium is part of the GAPP (“Genre et Arts dans une perspective Poet (h) ique et Politique”) project, co-organized by Idoli Castro (Lyon 2) and Sonia Kerfa (UGA). The call will be open until April 30th at the following link, sending a 300 words abstract along with a 100 words bio.
Na súa interdisciplinariedade, os estudos sobre a paisaxe sonora das nosas cidades poden dicirnos moito acerca do xeito en que vivimos e, máis aínda, como facelo dun xeito más atento, empático e común. No día 16 de xuño teremos ocasión de reflexionarmos na USC sobre estas temáticas na xornada Soundscapes: Cartografías sensoriais e paisaxes sonoras, […]
The XIV Lusocom Congress will be held in Porto on 25-26 October and will be organised by the University of Porto in collaboration with Sopcom (Associação Portuguesa de Ciências da Comunicação). The theme of this edition recognises that, as a result of the massification of digital media, the cultural transformation of our societies is triggering […]
The University Institute of Spanish Cinema of the Carlos III University of Madrid (IUCE-UC3M) is holding a two-day seminar entitled “Audiovisual democratic memory. Extraterritoriality and resistance”. It will take place at the Cervantes Institute in Paris on Thursday 5 and Friday 6 May. The aim is to invite reflection on the signs of political and […]