‘When women film: the documentary in the Iberian Peninsula and the Latin American continent’
Open call for the international colloquium that will take place from 2nd to 5th of October
The international colloquium will take place at the University of Grenoble-Alpes (2nd-3rd October) and at the University of Lyon 2 (4th-5th October). ‘When women film: the documentary in the Iberian Peninsula and the Latin American continent’ will also have the participation of the Professor of Communication Sciences and Advertising, Margarita Ledo Andión.
This international and interuniversity colloquium will have as its aim the study of documentary production made by women from the countries of the Iberian Peninsula or the Latin American continent. Its objective is to rethink, in a transdisciplinary perspective, the epistemological frameworks of the documentary image analysis. The colloquium will explore the different ways in which documentaries, which are assigned to the double marginality of documentary and the condition of women, have served as intelligibility operations of the world.
- History and politics: women documentary as a position taken in a certain political context, including the point of view of colonial and post-colonial effects.
- Documenting the bodies: behind or in front of the camera, the documentary as a tool of study, interrogation, vindication.
- Cinema aesthetics: starting from the observed marginalization, the formal inventiveness of women documentaries in the history of documentary film.
- Thinking and writing cinema: a return to the writings of Spanish or Portuguese speaking women, from yesterday and today.
- Documentary films, arts and performance: personal experience and formal experimentations.
- The archival question: current state, cultural policies, strategic challenges.
- Intersectionality and LGBTI + issues: historicity and new theoretical and practical perspectives.
The colloquium is part of the GAPP (“Genre et Arts dans une perspective Poet (h) ique et Politique”) project, co-organized by Idoli Castro (Lyon 2) and Sonia Kerfa (UGA). The call will be open until April 30th at the following link, sending a 300 words abstract along with a 100 words bio.
The XVI Edition of the Language Quality Awards aims to encourage the use of Galician among students, linked to the dissemination of the culture of quality in the preparation and defense of their work. This contest awards the best academic work, end of degree (TFG) and end of teaching (TFM) written in Galician in this […]
By 2020, Cans Film Festival wants to get bigger. Bigger in time, as this edition will be hold from Tuesday 19 to Saturday 23 May and it implies an additional day . Bigger in prizes, that will surpass the 9000 euros of total quantity. And bigger in commitment and social responsibility, by introducing in the […]
From 11 to 12 September 2020, Babeș-Bolyai University in Romania will host the 11th Small Cinemas Conference, entitled Political Imaginaries of Small Cinemas and Cultures. In a world of mainly undisputed capitalism, growing populism, increased global mobility, migration catastrophes, and minority activism, new forms of political experience and imaginaries are emerging. For this reason, film […]