The journalQuaderns del CAC has just published a call for papers for their new monographic, number 43. It will be focused on the analysis of diversity within culture industries and iniciatives of protection and promotion. The journal proposes the following themes:
– Evaluation of the impact of UNESCO’s Convention on the Protection and Promotion on the Diversity of Cultural Expressions (2005), one decade after its implementation.
– Implementation and adaptation of the 2005 UNESCO’s Convention in the digital era.
– Cultural agents in the Internet and practices that contribute with diversity: cartography and challenges.
– Diversity within the digital audiovisual sector (cinema, radio, tv, music, video games, OTT): contents, structure and public policies.
– Good practices for diversity within culture industries.
– Copyright and diversity within culture industries.
– Measurement and statistics to evaluate diversity of cultural expressions.
– Governance of international commerce of cultural goods and services: challenges and opportunities for diversity.
– The role of international cooperation in promotion and protection of culture expressions.
– Specific issues of diversity within the cultures of nations without state.
Besides, the journal has an open section called “Articles”, in which they accept ongoing researches about communication and audiovisual culture. The deadline for submitting works is the 13th of march 2017, and guidelines can be downloaded here. Articles must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Institute of Cinematography and Audiovisual Arts (ICAA) recognizes Margarita Ledo Andión‘s latest film as “Especially recommended for the promotion of gender equality.” The entity, dependent on the Ministry of Culture and Sports, grants this distinction to films that promote the elimination of prejudices, stereotyped images, and roles based on sex, favor the use of […]
Este mércores 28 de outubro a catedrática de Comunicación Audiovisual e Publicidade e coordinadora do Grupo de Estudos Audiovisuais na USC, Margarita Ledo Andión, recibiu en València a homenaxe a toda unha vida de investigación en comunicación, outorgada pola Asociación Española de Investigación da Comunicación no VII Congreso Internacional da AE-IC. O acto celebrouse no […]
The analysis, preservation and dissemination of the Lusophone historical and cultural heritage receives a new impulse with the incorporation of the Museu Virtual da Lusofonia (Virtual Museum of Lusophony) to the Google Arts and Culture platform. Launch ceremony will take place on September 4 at 9:00 p.m. (GMT+1) at Nogueira da Silva Museum (Braga, Portugal) […]