The journal El Profesional de la Información has just opened the period for receiving paper-proposal for volume 30, which is scheduled to be published between March and April 2021. On this occasion, the researcher Javier Marcial Felici will be the invited editor of a number entitled “Images and truth: memory, body and representation”.
Proposals around the following topics will be considered:
- Evolution of the statutes of the image: analog, digital, postdigital.
- Images as builders of identities, subjectivities or collectivities.
- Crosslinks between science, image and art.
- Application of images to critical discourse analyzes: cyberfeminisms, online activisms, visibility of groups at risk of exclusion.
- Textual analysis of proposals based on the postdigital image: i-docs, augmented reality or virtual reality pieces, video games, gifs …
- Impact of the postdigital image in established fields of communication (postphotography, postclassic cinema, advertising, video clips, digital journalism and cyberjournalism, etc.)
- Implication of the new statutes of the image in relation to fields of contemporary humanities: post-humanism, post-digital aesthetics, net art, etc.
- Problems of conservation, distribution and exhibition of images in the world of digital archives.
- New journalistic narratives in the framework of the postdigital image: Storytelling, journalistic hypertextuality, journalistic narratives through apps and mobiles.
- Creative exercises of historical memory in relation to images: repositories, immersive experiences, reappropriations, remounts …
The deadline for submitting proposals ends on September 10.
The VII International Conference of the Spanish Association for Communication Research (AE-IC) will be held at the Faculty of Philology, Translation and Communication of the University of Valencia, from October 28 to 30, 2020 and all its contents will be available online. Thus, the association and the University of Valencia seek to guarantee compliance with […]
Palgrave Macmillan has just published a new volume that focuses on the international circuit of documentary film festivals to analyze its development and its impact on the visibility, distribution and accessibility of films and to explore methodologies with which to conduct research in this environment. Edited by Aida Vallejo (UPV / EHU) and Ezra Winton […]
The European Communication Research and Education Association (ECREA) has just approved the new dates for the 8th European Communication Conference, which will finally take place from 6 to 9 September 2021 in Braga. Initially scheduled from 2 to 5 October 2020 , this international research meeting had to be postponed to comply with the prevention […]