The journal El Profesional de la Información has just opened the period for receiving paper-proposal for volume 30, which is scheduled to be published between March and April 2021. On this occasion, the researcher Javier Marcial Felici will be the invited editor of a number entitled “Images and truth: memory, body and representation”.
Proposals around the following topics will be considered:
- Evolution of the statutes of the image: analog, digital, postdigital.
- Images as builders of identities, subjectivities or collectivities.
- Crosslinks between science, image and art.
- Application of images to critical discourse analyzes: cyberfeminisms, online activisms, visibility of groups at risk of exclusion.
- Textual analysis of proposals based on the postdigital image: i-docs, augmented reality or virtual reality pieces, video games, gifs …
- Impact of the postdigital image in established fields of communication (postphotography, postclassic cinema, advertising, video clips, digital journalism and cyberjournalism, etc.)
- Implication of the new statutes of the image in relation to fields of contemporary humanities: post-humanism, post-digital aesthetics, net art, etc.
- Problems of conservation, distribution and exhibition of images in the world of digital archives.
- New journalistic narratives in the framework of the postdigital image: Storytelling, journalistic hypertextuality, journalistic narratives through apps and mobiles.
- Creative exercises of historical memory in relation to images: repositories, immersive experiences, reappropriations, remounts …
The deadline for submitting proposals ends on September 10.
The results of the research project FACCTMedia, Instruments of accountability in the face of disinformation: Impact of fact-checking platforms as accountability tools and curricular proposal, will be presented on 13 December at the Faculty of Communication Sciences, Room 8. The FACCTMedia project, funded by the Spanish Ministry of Science and Innovation (PID2019- 106367GB-I00 /AEI/10.13039/501100011033), proposes […]
Cycle on photography and the construction of reality at the Ethnological Museum of Ribadavia. In this cycle, which is linked to the exhibition Lying with mastery. Photographic montages by Agusto Pacheco (1948-1973), the main theme will be photomontage, drawing on different artists, techniques and expressions. On Friday 3 November, at 8 p.m., we begin with: […]
The Faíscas Culturais programme is an initiative of the Vice-Rector’s Office for Students and Culture that aims to ignite cultural reflection in the classrooms of the USC and complement the training of students through interventions and activities of a cultural nature. A trail of fury and algae. Reflections on the future of planet Earth is […]