The journal El Profesional de la Información has just opened the period for receiving paper-proposal for volume 30, which is scheduled to be published between March and April 2021. On this occasion, the researcher Javier Marcial Felici will be the invited editor of a number entitled “Images and truth: memory, body and representation”.
Proposals around the following topics will be considered:
- Evolution of the statutes of the image: analog, digital, postdigital.
- Images as builders of identities, subjectivities or collectivities.
- Crosslinks between science, image and art.
- Application of images to critical discourse analyzes: cyberfeminisms, online activisms, visibility of groups at risk of exclusion.
- Textual analysis of proposals based on the postdigital image: i-docs, augmented reality or virtual reality pieces, video games, gifs …
- Impact of the postdigital image in established fields of communication (postphotography, postclassic cinema, advertising, video clips, digital journalism and cyberjournalism, etc.)
- Implication of the new statutes of the image in relation to fields of contemporary humanities: post-humanism, post-digital aesthetics, net art, etc.
- Problems of conservation, distribution and exhibition of images in the world of digital archives.
- New journalistic narratives in the framework of the postdigital image: Storytelling, journalistic hypertextuality, journalistic narratives through apps and mobiles.
- Creative exercises of historical memory in relation to images: repositories, immersive experiences, reappropriations, remounts …
The deadline for submitting proposals ends on September 10.
Na súa interdisciplinariedade, os estudos sobre a paisaxe sonora das nosas cidades poden dicirnos moito acerca do xeito en que vivimos e, máis aínda, como facelo dun xeito más atento, empático e común. No día 16 de xuño teremos ocasión de reflexionarmos na USC sobre estas temáticas na xornada Soundscapes: Cartografías sensoriais e paisaxes sonoras, […]
The XIV Lusocom Congress will be held in Porto on 25-26 October and will be organised by the University of Porto in collaboration with Sopcom (Associação Portuguesa de Ciências da Comunicação). The theme of this edition recognises that, as a result of the massification of digital media, the cultural transformation of our societies is triggering […]
The University Institute of Spanish Cinema of the Carlos III University of Madrid (IUCE-UC3M) is holding a two-day seminar entitled “Audiovisual democratic memory. Extraterritoriality and resistance”. It will take place at the Cervantes Institute in Paris on Thursday 5 and Friday 6 May. The aim is to invite reflection on the signs of political and […]