The journal El Profesional de la Información has just opened the period for receiving paper-proposal for volume 30, which is scheduled to be published between March and April 2021. On this occasion, the researcher Javier Marcial Felici will be the invited editor of a number entitled “Images and truth: memory, body and representation”.
Proposals around the following topics will be considered:
- Evolution of the statutes of the image: analog, digital, postdigital.
- Images as builders of identities, subjectivities or collectivities.
- Crosslinks between science, image and art.
- Application of images to critical discourse analyzes: cyberfeminisms, online activisms, visibility of groups at risk of exclusion.
- Textual analysis of proposals based on the postdigital image: i-docs, augmented reality or virtual reality pieces, video games, gifs …
- Impact of the postdigital image in established fields of communication (postphotography, postclassic cinema, advertising, video clips, digital journalism and cyberjournalism, etc.)
- Implication of the new statutes of the image in relation to fields of contemporary humanities: post-humanism, post-digital aesthetics, net art, etc.
- Problems of conservation, distribution and exhibition of images in the world of digital archives.
- New journalistic narratives in the framework of the postdigital image: Storytelling, journalistic hypertextuality, journalistic narratives through apps and mobiles.
- Creative exercises of historical memory in relation to images: repositories, immersive experiences, reappropriations, remounts …
The deadline for submitting proposals ends on September 10.
The Grupo de Estudos Audiovisuais (Audiovisual Studies Research Group) of the USC is in charge of organizing the 12th edition of the Small Cinemas International Conference, an annual itinerant meeting that brings together researchers from all over the world who are leaders in the study of so-called small cinemas, cinematographies of countries and cultures with […]
The Institute of Cinematography and Audiovisual Arts (ICAA) recognizes Margarita Ledo Andión‘s latest film as “Especially recommended for the promotion of gender equality.” The entity, dependent on the Ministry of Culture and Sports, grants this distinction to films that promote the elimination of prejudices, stereotyped images, and roles based on sex, favor the use of […]
Este mércores 28 de outubro a catedrática de Comunicación Audiovisual e Publicidade e coordinadora do Grupo de Estudos Audiovisuais na USC, Margarita Ledo Andión, recibiu en València a homenaxe a toda unha vida de investigación en comunicación, outorgada pola Asociación Española de Investigación da Comunicación no VII Congreso Internacional da AE-IC. O acto celebrouse no […]