Call for Papers: International Colloquium: Challenges of Cultural Diversity in the Workplace: Policies, Practices and Representations in the 21st Century
The deadline for presenting papers to the International Colloquium: the challenges of cultural diversity in the labor market: policies, practices and representations in the 21st century, organized by MIMMOC (University of Poitiers), EHIC (University of Limoges) and GRESCO (University of Poitiers), to be held between 11 and 13 October 2017 in Poitiers (France).
For several centuries, immigration and cultural diversity have triggered a heated debate on national cohesion and on the meanings of “living-together” and integration in Western societies. In a context of global crisis, the economic impact of immigration, and that linked to the massive arrival of refugees, is at the core of the current and ongoing debates. More than ever, the major liberal democracies have to deal with debates about the economic impact of immigration while promoting at the same time the free circulation of goods and workers. This conference aims at discussing the question of cultural diversity in the labor market in its general meaning, and from a comparative and inter-/multidisciplinary approach. Indeed this diversity can be observed in many professional domains such as:
The presentations can be registered in the following axes:
– Modalities of economic integration of immigrants in host societies;
– Voluntary policies favorable to immigrants and foreign workers;
– The role of supranational and private organizations in the preconception of concepts more open to diversity and movement of workers;
– Consideration of diversity by the company: acculturation process (ethnocentric prejudices and behaviors, cultural shock …), management of intercultural conflicts in the organizational structure (reasonable arrangements, various forms of mediation …);
– Intercultural negotiations in an international context (knowledge of the different value systems, organizational cultures of other countries, specific behaviors to be taken in front of a partner whose cultural context is different …);
– Diversity, competences and contributions: stimulating productivity and innovation, immigrant entrepreneurship, various contributions …;
– Intercultural training of the staff of the company or large organizations: integration in multicultural teams, intercultural management …;
– Training of professionals for the first reception, in particular with the refugee public (health professionals, social workers, school personnel, etc.): problems of identity, taking into account the psychosocial repercussions of migratory trajectories, intercultural communication skills ;
– Diversity and professional interactions (managers, teachers, trainers, health workers, social workers …);
– Interactions between professionals and between professionals and users (identity repercussions: personal, social and / or professional).
The contribution of university students as well as professionals belonging to the business world, administration and various structures will be evaluated in order to contribute to a multidisciplinary and comparative dynamics of the colloquium.
Proposals for papers will be sent in French, English or Spanish (max 400 words + 5 keywords) accompanied by a short CV until June 15, 2017 to:
christele.le.bihan@univ- poitiers.fr (french, english)
ariane.le.moing@univpoitiers. fr (french, english)
email@example.com (french, english)
emmanuelle.simon@univ- poitiers.fr (french, spanish)
It is planned to publish a selection of articles.
More information in: http://mimmoc.labo.univ-poitiers.fr/appels-a-communication/appel-a-communications/
On the occasion of its 25th years old, the Galician Association of Independent Film Production Companies (AGAPI) changes its webpage with a new design and functions, seeking to improve the offered output. In this way, the webpage will try to adapt to current needs of the market and become a useful tool at service of […]
The Commission of Linguistic Normalisation of the Faculty of Communication Sciences of the USC calls for the eighth edition of the prize Somos a curta!, that rewards the best audiovisual short in Galcian language of cinema of the real presented by any member(s) of the student body of the three Galician universities, of the official […]
The audiovisual sector is going through complicated times, as the report “O cine en Galicia” concludes, registering a lost of viewers and incomes in traditional cinema. Last year, following state tendency, Galiza lost more than 100.000 spectators, what means a descent of one tenth in the medium attendance, now of 1,4 film per habitant. The […]