Call for Papers: International Colloquium: Challenges of Cultural Diversity in the Workplace: Policies, Practices and Representations in the 21st Century
The deadline for presenting papers to the International Colloquium: the challenges of cultural diversity in the labor market: policies, practices and representations in the 21st century, organized by MIMMOC (University of Poitiers), EHIC (University of Limoges) and GRESCO (University of Poitiers), to be held between 11 and 13 October 2017 in Poitiers (France).
For several centuries, immigration and cultural diversity have triggered a heated debate on national cohesion and on the meanings of “living-together” and integration in Western societies. In a context of global crisis, the economic impact of immigration, and that linked to the massive arrival of refugees, is at the core of the current and ongoing debates. More than ever, the major liberal democracies have to deal with debates about the economic impact of immigration while promoting at the same time the free circulation of goods and workers. This conference aims at discussing the question of cultural diversity in the labor market in its general meaning, and from a comparative and inter-/multidisciplinary approach. Indeed this diversity can be observed in many professional domains such as:
The presentations can be registered in the following axes:
– Modalities of economic integration of immigrants in host societies;
– Voluntary policies favorable to immigrants and foreign workers;
– The role of supranational and private organizations in the preconception of concepts more open to diversity and movement of workers;
– Consideration of diversity by the company: acculturation process (ethnocentric prejudices and behaviors, cultural shock …), management of intercultural conflicts in the organizational structure (reasonable arrangements, various forms of mediation …);
– Intercultural negotiations in an international context (knowledge of the different value systems, organizational cultures of other countries, specific behaviors to be taken in front of a partner whose cultural context is different …);
– Diversity, competences and contributions: stimulating productivity and innovation, immigrant entrepreneurship, various contributions …;
– Intercultural training of the staff of the company or large organizations: integration in multicultural teams, intercultural management …;
– Training of professionals for the first reception, in particular with the refugee public (health professionals, social workers, school personnel, etc.): problems of identity, taking into account the psychosocial repercussions of migratory trajectories, intercultural communication skills ;
– Diversity and professional interactions (managers, teachers, trainers, health workers, social workers …);
– Interactions between professionals and between professionals and users (identity repercussions: personal, social and / or professional).
The contribution of university students as well as professionals belonging to the business world, administration and various structures will be evaluated in order to contribute to a multidisciplinary and comparative dynamics of the colloquium.
Proposals for papers will be sent in French, English or Spanish (max 400 words + 5 keywords) accompanied by a short CV until June 15, 2017 to:
christele.le.bihan@univ- poitiers.fr (french, english)
ariane.le.moing@univpoitiers. fr (french, english)
email@example.com (french, english)
emmanuelle.simon@univ- poitiers.fr (french, spanish)
It is planned to publish a selection of articles.
More information in: http://mimmoc.labo.univ-poitiers.fr/appels-a-communication/appel-a-communications/
«Filma Afro Cartagena» is the 4th edition of «Filma Project» and is conceived as a meeting point where filmmakers from Latin America and the world meet to work together with great professionals of international cinematography in the improvement of documentary projects whose central theme is related to the representation of the Afro culture. The Ibermedia […]
The Viana Film Meetings has just opened the call for submissions to the PrimeirOlhar Award, an international competition open to film and communication students from Portugal, Galicia, Brazil and other Portuguese-speaking countries. The award aims to encourage young people to produce and direct innovative and creative documentaries and to reward the best Portuguese-Language documentaries. Films […]
Thirty years after the premiere in Vigo of Continental, Urxa and Sempre Xonxa, the first 35mm feature films released in Galician language, the staf of A Cuarta Parede brought together more than twenty creators born after 1989 to reinterpret these films from different artistic approaches. Two researchers from the GEA, Cibrán Tenreiro and Brais Romero, […]